You may be wondering, “Where is the closest IKEA® store to me?" or "Is IKEA® in Tennessee?"
As of now, the closet IKEA® store to Nashville is located in Memphis, TN. There is also a larger IKEA® a bit further in Atlanta.
What? No IKEA® Nashville?
Yes, for the time being, there’s no IKEA® in Nashville. Although this past May 2017, IKEA® announced their plan to open a store in Antioch, TN, just south-east of Nashville, in the summer of 2020.
For all of us IKEA-lovers, this is a victory! Yet the wait may just drive us all insane, since IKEA® Memphis is still 200 miles away from Nashville.
So, this leaves the question, “What’s the quickest, most simple way to get IKEA® in Nashville TN without having to drive to Memphis or Atlanta?”
To get IKEA delivery in Nashville you have several options:
1. Be the delivery company.
It’s how ModerNash got started. We simply asked people on Craigslist if they needed anything shipped from IKEA® and lo and behold we had some takers. There are pros and cons to self-shipping, but the main factors most people get hung up on are:
- Vehicle isn’t big enough to transport what you need and the cost of a U-Haul rental is painfully expensive from Nashville to IKEA® Memphis and back is $350 + tax and insurance.
- The value of your time. The average round-trip to IKEA® Memphis, including shop, purchase, load and travel home is 12 hours. If you make $25/hour like ModerNash’s Founder Nick Ray did when he was waiting tables at J. Alexanders in Cool Springs, that comes to $300 worth of time. Add fuel, food and wear and tear on your vehicle and you’re well over $400 to make one trip, and that’s without a U-Haul rental!
2. Order online at IKEA.com.
IKEA® offers online ordering for many (not all) of their products. When ordering online with IKEA® there are several factors to keep in mind:
- IKEA® only ships a portion of the products they offer (27K+ products). IKEA® products are shipped from an IKEA® distribution center that has a limited inventory versus an actual IKEA® store that offers it all.
- If you want any items that they don’t ship, like some of their Textiles, Armchairs or Outdoor products, you'll have to go the nearest IKEA® to pick them up.
- All shipping companies are not created equal. Although IKEA® strives to meet the needs of their customers, sometimes things can fall short with delayed deliveries, broken items and missing products.
3. Finally, you can use a niche delivery company like ModerNash to bring your IKEA® goodies back to Nashville.
A few things to keep in mind when using a service like ModerNash are:
- We are limited by what IKEA® has in stock at their store during our weekly trips. Although we strive to have a one-week turnaround for IKEA® shipments, if the products are out-of-stock at the IKEA® store we source from, we'll try again on the next trip.
- ModerNash ships everything IKEA® offers with the exception of perishable goods. Our motto is: “If IKEA® offers it and it can’t be eaten or requires water to live, we can bring it home to Nashville.”
- We offer additional services beyond shipping your IKEA® goodies. Although IKEA® offers to connect you with third party vendors who can assist with the assembly or installation of your IKEA® products, ModerNash can take care of you from start to finish with IKEA® product shipment, white glove in-home delivery and assembly/installation of all your IKEA® furnishings. We also do custom IKEA® kitchens, offices, bathrooms and more!
Getting the IKEA® delivery you need shouldn’t require half your weekend. At ModerNash, we strive to be the quickest, most efficient and customer service-oriented way to ship IKEA® to Nashville.
Don't take our word for it, check out what our customers on YELP are saying!
We are so committed to getting you what you need that we’ve developed a simple online ordering process, included a brick and mortar presence with our Nashville showroom and a trained and knowledgeable staff to assist in all areas of IKEA®: product selections, project design (kitchen, bath, wardrobe, etc.), furniture assembly and product installation.
Whatever your IKEA® need is, we are here to help “Bring IKEA® To Nashville.”